Easy Steps to Charge Your Laptop Battery While You Are in a Car
If you just find yourself with the dead laptop battery in your vehicle and get the access to one battery charger, you are merely a few minutes away from on the road again. So, whether you use a small car charger that is known as the trickle charger or a bigger unit on the wheels, you may effectively charge your laptop battery. There are some safety concerns though. Make certain to check the warnings, the following are the steps:
1. Locate remote charging point by reading the manual for the owner. Also you can open the hood to locate the charging point.
2. Remove the plastic cover which are protecting the negative and positive posts of the battery. Push the cover to the side just like it is usually pliable. Note the place of the negative and positive terminals are signified by one minus and one plus sign respectively.
3. Find the laptop car charger to let its cables reaching the battery. Make certain that your charger may reach one electrical outlet. Add the extension cord if required.
4. Place the charger’s clamps on the battery and make certain that the red clamp will go to the positive post of the battery and the black clamp will go to the negative post of the battery. If you can not be sure, trace the cable that is attached to clamp back to charger and find the negative or positive designation.
5. Plug your charger in, make certain that the selection switch should be set to off.
6. Choose the appropriate voltage and rate. If time allows, select the slower rate and wait for charging battery for about two hours. If the charger possess a timer, set it.
7.After the charging, unplug the charger and disconnect the cables of the charger then start the car.